Saturday, August 25, 2012

One Month Down, Eternity to Go!

This has been a whirl wind of a year! Just 7 months ago I started dating what turned out to be the love of my life! We've been married for a month now and it has been a blast! It seems like it's been longer than a month, but I guess the calendar doesn't lie. We got our new apt which is so nice because now I can put my stuff where I want, and know where all of my clothes are. ;) The only down side is that I feel that there is always cleaning to do! I do the dishes, turn around for 2 min, and there are more dishes! It's mostly because I'm trying to make meals from scratch these days so I guess it's worth it. Nic and I have loved opening our gifts and finding ways to use them! I wish I could say I had a favorite, but they've all been so useful!

The other weird thing is waking up to a man every morning, I was not used to that idea at first, but it's awesome to wake up to my best friend drooling every night :) Just kidding... he's pretty good about that!

So here are some things we've done this month!
We got married! *Special thank you to Shane and Cherise Cragun for letting us use their backyard. It was PERFECT!!!
We went on a wonderful honeymoon to Las Vegas for a week! My favorite part was probably going to see "The Phantom of the Opera" before they closed it down. Nic surprised me with tickets the morning of! *Special thanks to Nic's dad Tom for the honeymoon gift!
 Someone from the ward "doorbell ditched" us and left a guitar as a "Welcome to the Ward" gift! Nic and I don't play the guitar, but it definitely made our night!

                                                                               

So Nic and I occasionally will do cute things for each other. One of my favorites was when I had to work on a Saturday so Nic picked me up and we went to dinner at Tucano's. Then I came home to a spotless house and flowers on the table. I LOVE flowers so this completely made my day!

Something fun I did for Nic was when he was at work, I went and got a bunch of little squirt guns at the grocery store. I filled the guns with water and made a sign saying "This means WAR!" I left two guns out for him and kept two for myself. When I heard him unlocking the door I hid in the bathroom and he came running down the hall! He found me and we had the best water fight! Nic got disqualified though cause he got a squirt bottle... so really I won ;) It was so great and worth the mopping up afterwards!


One more thing was Nic turned 23!! We celebrated his birthday at California Pizza Kitchen! I had never been there before and it was so yummy! Then when we got home I gave Nic his present which was a pair of black and gray basketball shorts. Nic wears them all the time so I think I did a good job! :)

So that is part of our first month together! It's been so exciting learning about one another, and growing together as a family! I'm so excited for the rest of eternity!

I'm also so excited to start blogging! *Leave a comment if you want me to blog about something specific (i.e. How we met or How he proposed) Also, if you have a blog be sure and let me know how to follow you!

Love,
The Bibeau's

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog and blog post!! You are already at pro at blogging :) I can't wait to follow your blog and all the exciting things you and Nic do in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you have a blog!!! It is my favorite way to stay in touch with people!! LOVE YOU GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'm excited! I love following y'all's blogs! I can tell it will be new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I'll have to take lessons from you on how to jazz up my blog! I love that I can know what all is happening down in Utah while I'm gone. Get Sid going on one too!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete