Friday, December 7, 2012

Turkey Day!!

This Thanksgiving was a probably my favorite so far! I'd have to say that all of the credit goes to Nic. It was so great starting new traditions with him, and having a buddy to go to all of the parties with. One new tradition that we started was our Thankful Turkey.


He's pretty colorful because that was the only paper we had, but I think it gives him character. Our turkey doesn't have a lot of feathers in this picture because this was the beginning of the project. Everyday we wrote a new thing that we were thankful for on the feathers and then stuck them on the turkey. It was fun because it showed us just how blessed we are! The other traditions include cooking. Like I made a cinnamon roll apple pie. I'm still perfecting it, but when I do, I will post it to my "recipes" link.

The week before Thanksgiving all we got together with Nic's college friends and had a big Pre-Thanksgiving dinner. It was pretty much last time we'll all be together before Nic and I move to Arizona. It was so good though to laugh and play games with everyone. We're going to miss our friends so much! (P.S. special congrats to Dan and Lindsay!! They had their baby girl, Kate, a few days after our party!)




Then for Thanksgiving weekend. Nic and I of course had dinner with the family. Well, my family at least because Nic's is in Tennessee. After dinner our family has a tradition of making gingerbread houses. I have to say ours is pretty darn impressive.



It was a grand old time. Friday Nic and I just slept in and enjoyed not having to work or anything. Saturday we took a trip up to Salt Lake City.... not the best of ideas. It was super crowded!! Though I will admit the temple lights were great! My phone died when we got up there though so I didn't get any pictures. :( FAIL!

I'm so grateful for what this year has brought me! I'm thankful for my husband, my family, and my friends. I'm thankful that Nic and I could have so many loved ones! With out you guys life would be a complete bummer!

Thanks so much for everything you all have done!

Love Always,
The Bibeaus

No comments:

Post a Comment